MINISTRY OF PUBLIC ORDER
The Secretary General of the Ministry of Public Order, Mr. Leonidas Evaggelidis will travel to Luxembourg today in order to attend the European Union Justice and Home Affairs Council of Ministers.
Mr. Evaggelidis shall be joined by officials from the Ministry of Public Order and from the Hellenic Police Force Headquarters.
The items of the agenda are the following, among others:
- The communication of the European Commission to the Council and the European Parliament on: ΄΄the Hague programme: ten priorities for the following five years, cooperating for the modernization of Europe in the fields of freedom, security and justice΄΄.
- The draft Decision of the JHA Council on the creation of CEPOL as an Institution of the European Union.
- Draft conclusions of the Council on fighting illegal immigration at the Mediterranean Sea (Libya).
- Operation of the European Agency for the Protection of the External Borders of the EU countries.
- Relations between the EU and the countries of the Western Balkans.
It should be noted that on 2-6-2005, on the occasion of celebrating twenty years after the signing of the Schengen Treaty, the Ministers shall visit the town of SCHENGEN.
For more information: Tel: +30 210 69 77 505
Fax: +30 210 69 29 764